Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Watching freedom

Long windblown hair, dancing in the breeze
Sunlight reflecting from bright cheerful eyes
Leaning back, relaxed
Perched upon this smooth round rock
Gazing into the sparkling sea.

Fresh whipping wind, salty air
Hair tangled and loose
Sunkissed skin, bare rough feet
A child of the earth, embracing all around her
Not resisting anything in this place.

A place so beautiful and natural can only be perfect,
Meaning and wisdom echo through the setting sun
Removed from all possessions, all factors of life
Each person is perfect in their own way, I think they are beautiful.

When I see you enjoying the sun, I love you
When I see you loving the water, I enjoy you.
When I see you embracing the wind, watching the birds
I am one with you, at peace with someone I’ve never met.

I don’t want to know them further,
Anything more than this would tarnish what is perfect.
Leave your office, car, money
No one cares about that here.
In fact, we’d rather not know.
You will probably leave us and soon forget,
Return to the other and never see the connection,
Never realize the impact it all has,
But for as long as you can love what isn’t yours,
What can never be owned,
We can appreciate you for what we see here, now.
Nothing else matters.

No comments: