Saturday, May 2, 2009

Critical, Critical, no emotion just Critical

Before you experience the real thing,
We want you to study the criticism first.
This is what so-and-so the great has to say,
He must be right,
So don’t even bother thinking for yourself.
Don’t read the novel,
Read the critical analysis.
Let’s criticise everything!

Nothing is real,
Nothing has feelings,
It needs us to analyze it all to death.
Stop, stay right there
Let me give you the one over with a magnifying glass.
No, I must remove you,
Come to my laboratory,
Just shrink down so I can look you over in closer detail
My microscope isn’t hurting you, is it?
Is it making you feel less then human,
Less than real?

Look at these people,
Telling children what to think!
Let’s strive to understand something
By isolating it.
Yes, that makes perfect sense.
Or it always has, so why rethink things now?

What on earth are we thinking!

No comments: