Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reading poem-tree

Time to read some poem-tree
Wonder what there is to be discovered here
If it’ll warp to a different place in time.
I know this man’s a genius
Not because anyone told me so,
But I’ve read him all before.
Let’s see what he has to say this time,
If it feels different than the last.

That ones over already,
There goes another one
I forgot to pay attention again
The next one, I’ll take in more detail.

Leave this world and look into another one
From this large, cloudy window
Framed with imagery and desire
Sometimes, when it becomes more clear
This window turns into a mirror
And that space is transformed to feel like mine.

It’s strange how I skim these over
If something captures me, I’ll slow down
I try to slow down
This isn’t just a book to blaze through,
If you’re going to bother at all, take your time.

Those that were written in a time and place that I know,
I read them over and over,
Slowly and slower each time
And their meaning slowly unfolds itself
Meaning something different with each repetition
Each time seeming so real
But with each new interpretation
Coming clearer and clearer

What if we were to read everything this way?
As something that is true to your life, trying to tell you something?

I don’t even know if this man is still alive,
As much as I want him to be,
It doesn’t really make a difference either way.
But even if he’s dead,
Maybe he’s writing to me,
All these years ago.
For me, right now,
To stumble upon and discover.

No comments: