Saturday, May 2, 2009

Memories anew

Looking back through this old file,
I haven’t reflected for awhile.
I can’t believe how many beautiful places I’ve seen
They all are so perfect,
So exquisite, I could never have thought them up to be quite so.

But I was there, in the presence of something so great,
Only God could have dreamed it up.
The greatest artist that ever was,
The greatest artist that will ever be.
All of humankind can only strive to create something as beautiful,
Meaningful, free of judgement or harm,
And there is no need to compete.

We can only imitate it,
Or dream up things that are different and strange,
But will never be true.
Let’s not take a chainsaw to this landscape
Whose artist carefully selected a palette of colours
For the rest of time to see.

They are all so different,
Yet the same in their innocent perfection
Innocent really being a false front,
They are more powerful then we could imagine
But so vulnerable at the same time.
I feel blessed to have been in their presence,
Not that I’m not part of them,
Because I am.

Despite all else that seems like its all that matters right now,
I know these places still exist,
I’ll see them again,
And I’ll see others like them.
Things I haven’t experienced yet,
And I can’t even dream what they’ll be like
Until I am there.
If I do dream, and I will,
I won’t be right, I never am.
But what I discover will always be new.

No comments: