Sunday, May 3, 2009

Searching Winds

I think you’re beautiful,
Floating free,
Caring about everyone and everything
But not caring about the mundane and everyday
Your long, free flowing hair
Tidy enough but never tame
Worn out necklace
That absorbs your oils and becomes part of you.

You’re realistic, responsible,
But never limit your imagination,
Never limit yourself to what is commonly believed
To be responsibility or direction
Taking whichever path the delightful wind blows towards you
Jumping on each chance, these little chances,
Everyday that come your way.

The wind loves you,
You’re one of the few,
That say ‘sure, I’ll take a ride’
Let’s go right now.
This breeze doesn’t want to be disappointed,
But it always understands
When ‘not today, maybe tomorrow’
Is the common place to stand.

When tomorrow rolls around,
Things are still the same.
If we don’t leave them now,
We never will,
No one ever will.
The wind might give up,
Might go someplace else.

So be unrealistic,
Unreliable,
Let pleasure take you hostage,
Let chance stare you down in the eye and scream
“I dare you, I dare you to just do it”
Don’t try to prove anything to anyone,
Just do it anyway.
Because it’s what you want,
What you know is right,
The direction you want to head in.
It doesn’t have to be practical,
Or even achievable
You can be irrational
and still keep your head firmly in place.
Dive into the deep end,
It’s the only place to start
Realize your fears,
And don’t try to combat them
Unless it’s what you actually want.
Just don’t give into them,
They’ll weave their way around you and slowly choke you
Until they have you firmly under their grasp,
In their control.

No one should be controlled,
By anything or anyone
This brain is limited inside this body,
Ever expanding, always travelling
Soaring over skies of blue
And caverns of darkness,
Always looking for the light,
Trying to catch the next wave,
Jump into the breeze,
Ignite the next flame.

I stand on the edge of this mountain top,
Waiting silently and patiently
Reaching out my hands into the clear bright air,
Feeling if it is quite right,
And when an appealing breeze rolls by,
I jump off the edge and let it take me away
My shoes are waiting at the edge,
But I don’t care if I ever return to them
Let’s see where this takes me first.

No comments: