Sunday, May 24, 2009

Suspended Dust Particles

Particles float in the air,
Land momentarily, only to be swept up again.
They don’t like to settle too long,
For then they are only dust, something in need of cleaning.

When airborne, they catch the sunlight,
Its magnificent beams shining through them
Make any room dreamy and reminiscent.
They casually drift from here to there, making conversation with the room
Schmoozing with the furniture and curtains
Quietly worshipping the sun, a translucent rainbow
Illuminating this warm beaming light that makes this house feel like home
Something to warm up to, that will warm you up,
And keep you warm for always, in its tender embrace.

I will always be waiting here for you, these specks of dust will never settle.
They will float on and catch the sunlight, always dreamily, never quite awake.
They are the suspended particles of my childhood, in the barn of my dreams
They return to me here now, in another land, still the same.

There is never any need to rush, no need to quickly fall to the ground.
It’s far more satisfying to simply float, barely moving, but swaying back and forth
While travelling, eventually, through the air. No destination is needed. Steady as always,
Lingering and drifting from here to there, tenderly loving the air they travel through.
Not wanting to rush through it, but savouring each and every inch.

Shining through the curtains on this bright new day,
Lost sentiment quietly slips back into the room,
I am simply happy for who I am and where I am now.
Not proud nor ashamed, just content and at peace.

Relatives of the past smile through the light,
I will always be here, you have always been here.
This place is our home, but it’s more of a feeling than a place.
It actually hasn’t been with me for long, but the same light beams through this window as the last,
And particles still dance in the sun, remembering everything, for all days to come.
There is no forgetting, no carelessness. To move this slowly means to remember everything,
To be considerate and thoughtful, to appreciate all that is here.

I will never forget the quiet warmth. To forget is to die, to lose all feeling.
To be able to feel so much from so little, is to be able to live.
To live with my thoughts is the best gift I have, though difficult as it is at times.
Just look to the beams of sunlight, they still look the same as they always have,
They haven’t lost their magic or their warmth.
My body loses its coldness, loosens its grip, remembers life.
Simplicity is the key to all experience, disembodiment reversed, body and mind reunited.

Soft sentimental smiles linger, no tears ever come,
but quiet thoughts replace themselves with content stillness.
I feel like I’m eight years old again, I feel like I could be eighty.
I guess I always have been, still am.
Haven’t grown up in any significant way, my mind hasn’t lost itself but has remained intact
in an expanding childhood of discovery.
I will always stay the same, as long as the sun stays with me.

No comments: