Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hair

Messy, wild, unpredictable hair
Gorgeous and inspiring,
Not something you can aspire to
Or try to achieve,
But something that happens on its own.

You can’t wake up and say
‘this is how it will look today’
It has to decide itself.
Let’s go play with the wind, it says
Let the rain refresh me
Let the sun dry me out
Let me frizz up and out
Let me be myself

Why do you try to tame me,
Keep me out of your way,
Your straighteners and curlers only burn me,
Try to make me conform to your ways.
Just let me be what I already am,
I am beautiful in every way
Maybe I’m not like everyone else,
But that’s what is special,
That’s who I am.

The wind picks me up and tries to whisk me away,
You sigh and look annoyed
Pushing me back behind your trusty ear
You want me to do what I am told

But this is my playground,
This is where I roam,
So let me explore and be free,
I am only hair, you do realize,
And not everyone needs to like me.

No comments: