Monday, October 4, 2010

pb&j cups



Last night, at 3am, while I was procrastinating from writing the paper that was due last week, I visited this site that used to be one of the many food blogs I was addicted to a few summers ago. While drooling over peanut butter fantasies, I was inspired to make some homeade peanut butter cups. So tonight I made them.

I melted dark chocolate in a double boiler (you put the chocolate in a pot, and put the pot in another pot that is filled with water. It melts it without burning the chocolate. or you can just melt it in a microwave).

I spooned the melted chocolate into muffin cups, and spread some up the edges to fill in the ridges.

I put them in the fridge to let them harden.

I mixed some peanut butter with a bit of powdered fruit sugar. The sugar isn't really necessary, it just depends on your tastes.

I took the muffin cups out of the fridge, and spooned in peanut butter, then strawberry jam (which I made this summer), then chocolate, then another layer of peanut butter, then another layer of chocolate.

The strawberry jam is so good in these! It's like a fantastic version of a pb&j sandwhich (since everything with chocolate is better).

Check out this site for more peanut butter inspiration:
http://fuckyeahpeanutbutter.tumblr.com/

No comments: