Tuesday, October 12, 2010

help fund an awesome project


This queer comics anthology looks rad and I really want to see it happen! I just made a donation and they'll send me a copy of the book when it's done! If they don't reach the required amount of funding they need for the project by Nov 24, then you don't get billed. I have become a graphic novel nerd and this summer went to the library every week to get new graphic novels to read. I don't generally buy graphic novels since they are $$$ and don't take long to read so I can't really afford to spend money on something that I'll finish in an hour. Maybe if I had more nerdy friends to share them with...
Anyway, I'm glad to support a creative project since generally I just read them for free and don't actually support the artists..though I don't think people should feel they need to support things through capitalism (ie buying things).

What I really love about graphic novels is that they are so incredibly diverse and tell stories about anything..everything! in unique and beautiful ways. Check out the page for more information. I can't wait to read it, and I hope it actually happens!

No comments: