Monday, March 30, 2009

Paper, paper on the wall

Here is a peice of paper that has been stuck to my wall for 3 days now, without tape or anything holding it up.



I have lists of work that I need to do each week for school pinned to my wall, and as I generally never finish everything in a week I usually have several lsits going at once. I had two peices of paper pinned together to the wall, the pin and the top sheet of paper fell down, and the peice of paper underneath it has stayed there, without falling, for 3 days now. It seems to simply have sealed itself to the wall. Which initially made me think that maybe you don't actually need to use anything to make paper stick to the wall, so I pressed another sheet against the wall to see if it would stay and it obviously didn't..why one small event would momentarily change my perception based on experience my whole life that you need to use tape, a pin/tack, etc. to stick paper to a wall, I don't know. Which made me think that maybe our perceptions of reality aren't all that concrete in our brains, and maybe many truths that we know to be hard facts can be shifted and changed by a matter of mere small events. Maybe even just one event can undo something we have known to be true our entire lives..

Anyway, I thought it was pretty awesome that this peice of paper is still rocking out solo on the wall..lets see how long it stays up for.

No comments: