Monday, November 8, 2010

Your existence is mirrored in a feather image
Lightly brushing the past with fine strokes
Of longing and intimacy.
It looks to the future with bright anticipation
Tied to chains it does not yet understand
But wants to break before it does.

Passionate and enthused yet calm
Placidity that seems out of place,
Alluding to the storm that is to come.
A wildness creeps over that surprises even yourself.

Funnelling like a liquid down a drain
You are water and I am molasses
So I let you go on ahead
I’ll catch you later if the moon pulls itself
Towards the earth for awhile.

Never by accident.

Screeching birds hover and swoop,
Excited by your presence.
You were never afraid of them.
A fish falls from the sky
An offering, perhaps
But it is seen as an omen
And people begin to wonder about this strange town
That they hesitate to call home.

On the strangest day of them all
The sky was bright and cheerful
But people left town in a hurry.
I decided to stay for awhile,
Just to see what would happen.
The moon came a little closer
So I wandered out into the starlit open
Of long grasses and weeds
And I found you again.

No comments: