Friday, March 26, 2010

fetus

Something grows inside of me
Who knows how alive it is,
Or how alive it will ever be.
I suppose the latter will be up to me.

I didn’t want this,
I didn’t ask for this,
But this is what has come.

I can feel it’s presence,
I know it is here with me.
Something is there,
Something.
But what it is,
I cannot tell.

How can I love something,
When it has sprung inside me
Without my consent?
Not knowing or caring
About what is happening in my life.

You’re contently, softly growing
I feel that you’re at peace with me,
Even though you came from him.

I’m sorry to do this to you,
But you don’t understand my life.
I do love you,
But this place isn’t right for you.

Another day, another time,
We’ll meet again
And I’ll see what you could have been.
But right now you are nothing,
And I have to bid you goodbye.

Goodnight.
Tonight my spirit will rest in peace
And I hope yours does too.

No comments: