Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lifetime Aspirations

I have a little green book, with a picture of a cat riding a cow on the front of it, that I bought 5 years ago. I use it just to write down random things, (in no order, I just open it to any random page and write things down). Last night I decided to look through it. Inside there is my election speech for band fundraiser, my campaign notes for an idling ban, notes from a court case I went to, 2 floor plans of the courtroom, to-do lists, packing lists, food logs, poems, notes from meetings and presentations, etc.

One page had this list on it:

-live/work on a sheep farm
-record a techno album
-ride bike to Toronto

That's all the page said, no header or explaination, just those three things. It made me laugh at how random it was, but when I thought of it, I realized it was just last month that I wrote this list, when I was thinking of things I want to do in my lifetime. Of course there is more I want to add, but these aspirations are as worthy as any, and if someone just told me that they did those three things during their lifetime, I would still think that they had a pretty interesting life.

No comments: