Friday, October 23, 2009

Imagine a world you would love to live in

I want to go to sleep at night
And wake up when the sun rises.
I want to harvest my food from the soil
and know the earth as a friend.

I want to get my knowledge from my friends.
I want to learn from life,
Not an institution.
I want to know love,
But not need or reliance.

I want no government,
No laws or business.
I don’t want to buy anything from anybody
I don’t want to be plugged in.

I want to live where things aren’t defined.
No time, no clocks or schedules
No deadlines
No need to rush.

I want to go to a place I once knew
A place without doors locking me in.
I have no one to keep out,
So let the sun shine,
Let the wind blow,
Let bugs find a home in my room.

I want to go to a place
With paths, not roads
Where cars are alien
Where nature comes first
Where people are free
And animals roam like the wind.

I want to go to a place,
Where friends don’t just visit,
But stay.
Where electricity doesn’t magically appear
But we see where it comes from.

I want to drink water from a spring that never knows a bottle
Eat food that has never touched plastic
Live on land that has never been dominated with chemicals
That has never been destroyed.

I want to be where trees tell stories,
Where their knowledge is respected and sung
Where food grows with pleasure and joy

I want to live with no boundaries
Where power only exists in the liberation of being free
Where art is everything around you
Where birds create music.

I want to live.

I never want to own land,
I just want to set it free.

No comments: