Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mindfulness

What seems so exasperating and far away
Always ends up being so simple.
I need to control myself,
Or my quick action will make me a fool
Once again.

Blinding headlights from opposing lanes
This brightness wasn’t meant to exist at night
I want it to go away.
This startling headache makes my eyes roll back
Barely able to see straight, yet I blame it on my neck.

Something always hurts,
So I guess it doesn’t really matter what it is
This time.

Tomorrow will be back to normal again
Not that normal ever existed.
Back to tomorrows past,
Back to the future.

Glimpses here and there shine through
The sun awakens over the horizon
This blinking neon sign
Doesn’t seem so bright
It pales in comparison
To the greatness arising before us.

Clouds lined in silver dapple the sky
Once again I seem to be wrong
But I’m actually right all along through
I just shouldn’t doubt my instincts anymore.
A mind caught on fire
Is a dangerous one.

A mind that isn’t safe
Is always a careful one.

and..
A calm mind with no apprehension
Is the most frightening of all.

No comments: