Thursday, April 30, 2009

Time

Fuck you time,
Why do you have to ruin everything?
But I suppose its not you to blame,
The lack of your presence would be equally disturbing.

We value and interpret you differently,
That’s what our problem is
To me you’ve always been an enemy,
But now you’re not my main concern
Not at all
At other times you’re blissful and calming
When the pressure is at bay
But you feel different all the time
I don’t quite understand you.
I’m partially to blame
I avoided you for many years
Wasn’t that silly?
Not practical at all, but to my mind, it made sense.
I think it’s genetic
I just can’t work around you
So it feels like I need to work against you.

I assumed it would be your fault,
That’s where things were headed
But the funny thing is,
This time you’re not the one to blame.

Maybe we should try to repair things,
So we’ll get along a little better
You stress me out sometimes,
But so far it hasn’t actually mattered.
So let’s set a date,
How ‘bout tomorrow, my friend?
We’ll start from afresh,
And this relationship can mend.

For now, good night
I hope you’re on my side
I’ll give you another chance
And see how you fly by.

No comments: