Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cake!!!


I never get around to blogging about things until well after they have passed, but anyway, better late then never I suppose.

My birthday was about three weeks ago, and I had a wonderful several days with my family, and shared some nice meals. My parents are amazing and made me some delicious vegan cakes!

Pictured below is a carrot cake that my stepmom made me. It was soo moist and delicious! I think it was the first time I have had carrot cake since I've been vegan. I pixelated my name just to be silly, but after all this is the internet, so I guess its better to be safe. I can still tell what is says though.

My Mom made me the cake with the raspberries. It is vanilla lemon almond flavoured cake with jam in the middle and frosting and raspberries on top. Believe it or not, the raspberries were actually fresh from our backyard, despite the fact that its November. The flavour of the cake was incredible and I loved the thick texture.




So this may not be the most interesting blog to read, but I was quite excited about my cakes since I don't eat cake all that often, and thought it was quite nice that my parents made them for me.

No comments: